We want our patients to be informed about dental health issues and treatments available because informed patients make better decisions about their health and well-being. The Patient Library covers topics associated with dentistry, dental diagnoses, and treatments available. We encourage you to look through these pages whenever you have an interest or concern about your dental needs and care.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").